Enjoy the Privileges of Membership
- Embroidery Canada magazine. Four issues yearly, with beautiful photographs, projects, suppliers and informational articles.
- Workshops, retreats and seminars across Canada.
- Individual and group correspondence courses in embroidery techniques, from basic to advanced levels.
- Exhibitions, competitions and awards.
- Extensive book, slide and video libraries.
- Study portfolios to aid in your research and education of the needle arts.
- Heritage Collection that is a must-see.
Types of Memberships
Chapter Membership: You may join EAC through a local chapter. Cost is $40 annually plus local membership fees.
National Membership: If you are not affiliated with a local chapter, you may join EAC as a national member. The costs are as follows:
- $40 CAD annually for those resident in Canada
- $50 CAD annually for those resident in the United States
- $60 CAD annually for the rest of the world
Affiliate Membership: Institutions and groups belonging to other national or international organizations may become affiliated with EAC for $50 CAD annually. All groups receive an annual subscription to Embroidery Canada.
Youth Membership (9 to 21 Years): Open to girls and boys as a Youth Chapter member or as a National member. Youth members within Canada pay a $15 EAC fee. Chapter members pay the EAC fee plus any chapter fees. National members are not affiliated with a Youth Chapter and may pay their fees directly to the EAC Youth Appointee. All youth embroiderers receive the quarterly newsletter Youth Embroiderers' News.
Application Forms and Resources
Online Payment via PayPal
We are now accepting payment with PayPal. You do not have to have a PayPal account to use this method of secure online payment. Please carefully follow the directions in red to ensure we can process your application or renewal easily. Thank you!
New members: Please put your telephone number in the Comment Box on the PayPal payment form, and ensure the PayPal address is the one you would like to receive your printed copy of Embroidery Canada.
Renewing members: Please put your membership number in the Comment Box on the PayPal payment form. Additionally, please ensure the PayPal address is the one you would like to receive your printed copy of Embroidery Canada.
Mail-In Application Form
Membership Application Print, complete, and mail in with your payment to the address listed on the form.
Other Membership Information
The following PDF documents open in a new webpage:
Forming a Chapter
A suggested minimum of ten people interested in forming an embroiderers' group may consider becoming an EAC chapter. A slide program is available to show what EAC is and does. For guidelines on how to form a chapter, an Application Form for Chapter Membership and further information, contact a Regional Director.
Chapters near you may provide opportunities for workshops, lectures, and exhibits.