5th Annual EAC Winter Ornament Exchange
Hosted by Tulip Tree Needlearts, Chatham-Kent, Ontario :: Open to all EAC members
Before Nov. 1, 2017 send your stitched ornament (limit two per member) and you'll receive the same number back in time for the holidays! It can be your own design or from a published pattern.
To take part, stitch a winter ornament. It can be multi-dimensional, beaded or flat as long as you plan ahead for postage requirements. Use an appropriate container for the size and shape of your ornament, i.e., padded envelope.
Once you've completed your ornament, here’s what to do:
- Attach your name and contact information to your ornament and send it with a second, appropriately sized, stamped envelope (one envelope to send yours in, and another envelope for yours to go to its recipient). Check the postage carefully - be generous with the stamps on the second envelope (www.canadapost.ca). Remember it could go across 13 provinces and territories!
- Include a mailing/shipping label with your name and address - this will be affixed to the ornament coming to you.
- Before November 1, 2017, send your ornament, extra stamped envelope and shipping label to:
Winter Ornament Exchange
c/o Diane Mugford
13213 Dillon Drive
Tecumseh, ON N8N 3P2
2017 Spring Scissor Fob Exchange (DEADLINE EXTENDED)
The 2017 Spring Scissor Fob Exchange is being hosted by the Embroidery Guild of Victoria. When planning your stitching please keep the following in mind:
- use the embroidery technique of your choice
- no larger than 2.5" by 2.5"
- should fit easily into a regular-size envelope, not too thick
Once you've completed your fob, get it ready for mailing:
- attach your name and contact information to your fob
- send with an appropriately sized self-addressed stamped envelope
Mail your fob on or before September 29, 2017, to:
Susan Harrington, 823 Old Esquimalt Rd., Victoria, BC, V9A 4W9
The deadline has passed for this year's Board Challenge. Check back to learn who won this challenge and to find out what the 2018 challenge will be!
The 2017 Annual Board Challenge to members is to make a stitched accessory. Any medium and materials may be used, but a needle is a must!
Suggestions are jewelry, scarf, purse, hat...
Annual EAC Winter Ornament Exchange
The 2016 EAC Winter Ornament Exchange was hosted by the Island Stitchery Guild, Nanaimo, BC, and was open to all EAC members. Thirty-three ornaments were submitted and exchanged. Check out a video slideshow on the EAC Blog.
Artist Trading Cards
Begun in 2006, the numbers have grown from 80 cards created by 31 stitchers to 333 cards from 12 youth members, 64 Canadian stitchers and four international stitchers! We hope you enjoy viewing these miniature works of art and that you are inspired!
The following PDF documents (large files) open in a new page.