It is my pleasure to welcome you to The Embroiderers' Association of Canada (EAC) website. EAC is a national, non-profit organization of people who enjoy needlework and wish to practice, learn, and expand their knowledge. Through fellowship with other stitchers and access to the very best needlework designers and teachers, we hope to achieve higher standards of design, colour, and workmanship, and have some fun along the way! Our organization's mandate is to preserve traditional techniques and promote new challenges in the Art of Embroidery through education and networking.
EAC began in Winnipeg, Manitoba in 1973. Now more than 40 years old, with 45 chapters and more than 1,500 members from all across Canada and beyond, we have grown into a vital and exciting organization. Membership in EAC has many wonderful benefits:
- An annual Seminar held in a different Canadian location each year with an opportunity to take classes from accomplished national and international designers and teachers, and meet and share knowledge with a wide variety of stitchers.
- A quarterly magazine, Embroidery Canada, featuring needlework news, articles, and designs which are insightful and inspiring.
- Individual and group correspondence courses and cyber courses in every needlework technique imaginable.
- Membership in local chapters which meet regularly to study and interact with other stitchers.
- A cyber chapter with membership available to anyone, anywhere.
- Youth chapters to encourage young people to learn embroidery as art or hobby.
- Grants, contests, and fun activities available to all members to further their knowledge of needlework, support educational opportunities, sponsor travel to Seminars, etc.
- A lending library with extensive holdings available to all members in a wide variety of needlework techniques.
- A comprehensive website which includes a "Members' Only" section featuring content geared to enhance our main goals of education and fellowship.
- . . . and the list goes on.
Why not take some time to browse through our website and learn more about our exciting organization. Feel free to contact any member of our Board if you have questions. We encourage you to join us and experience all of the pleasures our members already share. Thank you for visiting our website, and happy stitching!
New! Online Course Ribbons & Bows
Registration now open!
We have a new online course by Carol Storie of HeartFelt Designs. Registration from September 1 to November 1, 2014 with the course running on Yahoo Groups November 15, 2014 until February 15, 2015. More details may be found on our Online Course page.
New! Updated Group Beginner Hardanger
New! Stumpwork 101
Second Annual 2014 Winter Ornament Exchange
Get ready for the holidays with our Winter Ornament Exchange. If you enjoy hand-stitched ornaments, you won't want to miss it!
Seminar 2016: Inspiring Threads Call For Teachers
Calling all teachers looking to submit for Seminar 2016: Inspiring Threads, in Southern Ontario: The deadline for submitting your proposal has been extended until September 30, 2014. Please pass this update on to any teachers to whom you would like to see submit a proposed class for Seminar 2016. For more information, or to request a prospective teacher's package, please contact Deb Blackmore.
National Stitch in Public Day - September 27, 2014
Stitch in Public Day is fast approaching. We have all the tools you'll need to spread the word! You'll find them on our Stitch in Public page.
Try A New Stitch
Courtesy of our Youth Stitchers, Try A New Stitch is a great, and growing, reference of stitches that both beginning and experienced stitchers will find useful. Each stitch is thoroughly diagrammed, explained and available as a PDF making this a valuable resource to print and keep. Next time you need a new stitch, look no further than Try A New Stitch!
The Youth Projects Page also has some great projects to try.
Military Outreach Initiative
EAC is reaching out to currently serving military personnel and military spouses who are stitchers or want-to-be stitchers and introduce you to EAC. Learn more about EAC's Military Outreach Initiative.
EAC Gift Certificates
Need a quick gift for your favourite stitcher, or just for yourself? Our gift certificates may be spent on courses, seminar and merchandise offered on this website. If you're giving yourself a gift, please note you cannot use the same email as your PayPal account.